We’ve missed you!
Due to the wave of people contracting Covid 19. Post 5290 is suspending the reopening of the Bingo until further notice.
The health and welfare of our Bingo participants are our top priority. As we plan to reopen VFW Post #5290, we will continue to monitor the guidance from public health officials.
The Post has been cleaned and sanitized thoroughly and Bingo will begin with the following terms and conditions:
• Please review your symptoms and exposure.
If you have a fever or if there is a possibility you have been exposed to COVID-19, please do not enter the Post.
• Members are encouraged to practice safe social distancing.
Families who wish to sit at the same table or in close proximity to their relatives may do so.
• Members and participants should wear a mask during the Bingo session.
No one will be allowed to enter the Post without their mask.
• Please bring your own hand sanitizer and/or Clorox (Lysol) wipes and use appropriately.
• We are limiting foods to chips, candy bars, and drinks (water, cokes). There will be NO hot food or popcorn served until further notice.
VFW Post appreciates all of our Bingo players and know that working together, we can have fun and enjoy our Friday nights again!
DATE: June 1, 2020
Reopening Bingo Halls
In accordance with the State of Georgia Governor’s Executive Orders 05.28.20.01 Renewing the Public Health State of Emergency ("Order 01”) and 05.28.20.02 Reviving A Healthy Georgia ("Order 02”), please be advised:
1. The Public Health State of Emergency has been extended until July 12, 2020; and
2. All businesses, establishments, corporations, non-profit corporations, or organizations that are not Critical Infrastructure may reopen their doors provided specific measures are implemented. This Order shall be effective until 11:59 PM on June 15, 2020.
Reopening at this time is not mandatory but is permissible.
Executive Order 01 requires specific residents and visitors to shelter in place within their homes or places of residence.
Sheltering in place is required for people, including but not limited to:
• Who are 65 years of age or older;
• Who are immunocompromised; and
• Diagnosed with underlying medical conditions.
Executive Order 02 permits the above-mentioned entities the opportunity to resume operations providing the following measures are implemented to reduce the exposure and spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19):
• Screening and evaluating workers who exhibit symptoms of COVID-19;
• Posting a sign on the front of the facility stating that individuals who have symptoms of COVID-19 shall not enter the venue;
• Requiring workers who exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 to not report to work or to seek medical attention;
• Enhancing sanitation as appropriate;
• Disinfecting common surfaces regularly;
• Requiring hand washing or sanitation at appropriate places within the location;
• Prohibiting gatherings during hours of operation;
• Permitting workers to take breaks and meals outside, in their office or personal workspace, or in such other areas where proper Social Distancing is attainable;
• Implementing staggered shifts as practicable;
• Discouraging use of other worker’s phones, desks, offices, or other tools and equipment;
• Prohibiting handshaking and unnecessary person-to-person contact;
• Place notices that encourage hand hygiene at the entrance to the facility and in other areas where they are likely to be seen;
• Enforcing Social Distancing of persons while present on the premises, at least six (6) feet apart for gatherings of 25+ people;
• Point of sale equipment should be at least six (6) feet apart and frequently cleaned and sanitized;
• Point of sale equipment, including PIN entry devices and signature pads, should be frequently cleaned and sanitized;
• Increasing physical space between workers and patrons; and
• Prohibiting volunteering or participation in activities for persons diagnosed with COVID19, having exhibited symptoms of COVID-19, or having had contact with a person that has or is suspected to have COVID-19 within the past fourteen (14) days.